LiquidGym is a designated Heart Wise Exercise facility. Heart Wise Exercise works with providers in your community to develop and identify programs and classes that are appropriate for people who want to stay healthy or who may be living with a chronic health condition.
A program or class that displays the Heart Wise Exercise logo does all of the following:
- Encourages regular, daily aerobic exercise
- Encourages and incorporates warm up, cool down and self-monitoring with all exercise sessions
- Allows participants to exercise at a safe level and offers options to modify intensity
- Includes participants with chronic health conditions – physician approval may be required
- Offers health screening for all participants
- Has a documented emergency plan that is known to all exercise leaders, including the requirement of current CPR certification, phone access to local paramedic services and presence of a defibrillator.
The following classes are designated Heart Wise Exercise classes at LiquidGym. The detail in brackets explain the class focus and location of the class:
- Free Orientation (introductory, water-based)
- AquaSpin Basics (cardio, water-based)
- Underwater Treadmill Basics (cardio, water-based)
- Hip & Knee Water Class (strength, water-based)
- Strength and Stability (strength, water-based)
For more information on the Heart Wise program, please visit University of Ottawa Heart Institute – Heart Wise Exercise.