KNEE PAIN? FIND THE ROOT CAUSE OF YOUR PAIN
The KneeKG (Knee Kinesiography) is motion-capture-and-analysis device that is able to test a patient’s knee function while the patient’s walking on a treadmill.
- is a patented knee assessment system that measures knee kinematics for clinical evaluation of gait impairment or alteration resulting from an orthopaedic cause
- an effective way to assess knee function objectively while weight bearing
- provides 3D imaging of joint movement while weight bearing
- it is a data driven objective muscle-skeletal assessment tool
Designed for the Knee as an Electrocardiogram for the Heart
One person out of five currently experiences knee pain or other symptoms due to an injury or pathology such as knee osteoarthritis, patellofemoral syndrome, ACL rupture, or meniscal tear.
The Knee Kinesiography with KneeKG™ is aimed at helping your doctor to :
- gain an understanding of your knee pathology or injury
- work towards functional recovery and return to normal activity
KneeKG is FDA cleared and indicated for appropriate assessment of the 3D knee motion for patients who have impaired movement functions of an orthopaedic cause. It is intended for medical purposes to provide information used in physical evaluation and physical planning purposes.
Clinicians base their diagnosis on observations, manual tests. medical imaging and the patients’ history. However, these are static assessments usually done while the knee is not in weight-bearing condition. Since symptoms chiefly manifest themselves when the knee is in movement, it is difficult to understand the origin of the problem.
The KneeKG system: a review of the literature
Biomechanical markers measured by the KneeKGTM involved in knee osteoarthritis
Gait knee kinematics after ACL reconstruction: 3D assessment