Gavin is a Registered Physiotherapist from Ottawa who completed his Master’s in Physical Therapy at the University of Toronto. He also holds a BSc. (Hon.) in Biomedical Science from the University of Ottawa.
Gavin believes strongly in helping his patients take ownership of their rehabilitation through education and a movement-based approach. He aims to provide his patients with the tools they need to move well and move often.
He continues to build on prior post-graduate training through the National Orthopedic Division AIM level system and the McKenzie Institute of Canada. His post-graduate courses and memberships include:
- Bones, Tendons, Weights, and Whistles – Migrating Runners Out of the Medical System
- Foundational Aquatic Therapy – Part 1 – CARI
- Heart Wise Exercise Training Certification
- McKenzie Institute Part A
- McKenzie Part B – Cervical and Thoracic Spine
- Manual Therapy Level 1
- U of T PT Workshop – Assessing and Treating Runners (The Running Physio)
- Meridian Health Education – Introduction to Acupuncture and Dry Needling – Part I and II
- Member of the Canadian and Ontario Physiotherapy Associations
He is also highly motivated in further pursuing his professional interest in running biomechanics and analysis.
Having played and coached competitive soccer throughout his life, Gavin also likes to keep active paddling, running, and spending time outdoors hiking and camping whenever he can.