Lesley graduated from the University of Waterloo with an Honours Bachelor of Science in Kinesiology and is a Registered Kinesiologist. Also Board Certified in Biofeedback (Senior Fellow), Lesley encourages each client to achieve their goals by learning self-management strategies to improve their functional level. Lesley has many years of rehabilitation experience working with various populations teaching techniques for headache, pain, anxiety and injury management and developing individualized land or water based rehabilitation and training programs. She creates return to work /activities of daily living plans, conducts ergonomic assessments and provides education regarding healthy computing practices. A NCCP certified swimming coach, Lesley is experienced in working with all age groups from children to masters swimmers and triathletes.
Lesley’s continuing education training and memberships include:
- MelioGuide Trained Professional (Bone Health) Level 1: Osteoporosis Prevention Treatment and Management
- The Professional Biofeedback Certification Program, Part I and II, Stens Corporation
- Advanced Surface EMG and Biofeedback, Stens Corporation
- Numerous Continuing Education/Professional Development Courses in Rehabilitation, Biofeedback and Ergonomics
- Soft Tissue Release
- Certified GLA:D Canada Trainer
- Member of the Association of Canadian Ergonomists
- National Lifeguard Service Certified (NLS)
- Automated External Defibrillation (AED), Standard First Aid with CPR-C
An accomplished triathlete in her youth, Lesley now enjoys training for distance freestyle and open water events. She has represented Canada internationally and won several Provincial and National Masters Championships.