Susan has practiced in a variety of clinical settings including private practice, in-patient hospital, and the Ottawa Rehabilitation Centre. She is past Director, Exercise is Medicine Canada. Susan is excited to work with people with lymphedema following her recent certification in this specialty area. Manual Lymphatic Drainage can also assist people post-surgically and/or post fracture to manage swelling.
Susan works collaboratively with her patients to set personal attainable therapy goals that set the foundation for patient success.
Her post graduate professional courses include:
- Certified Lymphedema Therapist (including Manual Lymphatic Drainage or MLD), Klose Training
- Manual Therapy Levels 1 and 2
- Muscle energy
- Pre/post-natal care
- Motivational interviewing, action planning and change agency
- Certified Urban Poling Nordic walking instructor
- Working with Osteoporosis and Osteopenia Parts A and B
- Member of the Exercise is Medicine Canada (EIMC) Professional Network
Susan spent many years immersed in water as a swim instructor, lifeguard, competitive swimmer, and synchronized swimmer. Susan leads by example the lessons learned through her work with Exercise is Medicine Canada; she continues to enjoy swimming and staying active through activities including Nordic walking, restorative yoga, Pilates, running, tennis, skiing, skating and snow shoeing. Susan integrates the movement and therapeutic principles of all her favourite activities into her treatment planning in conjunction with patient’s interests and passions.