Have you been diagnosed with heart disease or been told you are at risk of heart disease? Have you graduated from cardiac rehabilitation at the Heart Institute and are wondering what to do next? One of our physiotherapists can help!
HEART WISE CERTIFIED
All our therapists here at LiquidGym are Heart Wise certified which is a program run with the University of Ottawa Heart Institute.
CLINIC CRITERIA TO BE HEART WISE CERTIFIED
- Encourage regular aerobic exercise
- Encourages and incorporates warm-up and cool-down with self-monitoring through all exercise sessions
- Allows participants to exercise at a safe level and offers options to modify intensity
- Includes participants with chronic health conditions – we may need approval from your physician
- Offers health screening
- Has a documented emergency plan that is known to all staff, including current CPR certification, phone access to local paramedic services, and the presence of a defibrillator(1)
Therapy before and after surgery
Whether you are going in for cardiovascular surgery, orthopedic surgery, cancer treatments or a simple day procedure, a prehab program may help with your recovery and post-surgical outcomes.
It is never too early to start Pre-op therapy (also known as Prehab) but at least 4-6 weeks prior to your scheduled surgery is recommended.
Post-op therapy (also known as Rehab) when done through hydrotherapy, can begin, generally speaking, once the incision has healed, which can be between 15 – 30 days depending on the surgery. Ask your doctor when he would like you to start your rehab.
FOR AN ASSESSMENT AND DETAILED PLAN OF CARE
CALL LIQUIDGYM 613-820-8228
TO HAVE AN APPOINTMENT WITH
ONE OF OUR THERAPISTS!
- Please ensure you have completed your online assessment form before arriving for your appointment.
- Your first appointment is a land appointment. Shorts and t-shirt/tank top are appropriate.
- Bring your physician’s referral, if you have one (though not required)
- Provide any relevant medical history
- Bring any relevant reports/test results (e.g. x-rays, ultrasound scan, MRI reports)
- Personal and family medical history
- Major illnesses that you have experienced
- Surgeries or operations that you have had
- Medications that you are currently taking
- Your level of activity at work and leisure
- Sleeping habits
- Blood pressure, pulse and breathing
- Muscle strength
- Range of motion
- Posture Analysis
- X-Ray review
- Movement Analysis
Is Athletic Therapy covered under insurance?
Some extended health insurance plans cover Athletic Therapy as a benefit. Please check your insurance plan if in doubt.
Can you bill directly to my insurance company?
No. We cannot bill insurance companies directly for Athletic Therapy services.
Does LiquidGym accept Motor Vehicle Accident claims?
No. As of September 1, 2021 we no longer submit nor bill for MVA claims. LiquidGym can, however, treat MVA injuries. You just need to pay our standard therapy rates at the time of your appointment.
Do you direct bill for Veterans Affairs, RCMP, and Canadian Forces?
Yes. If you have Blue Cross coverage through either Veterans Affairs, RCMP, or Canadian Forces, we can bill directly with Blue Cross. To proceed, we require your ID number and the contact information of your case manager, if applicable.
Many patients pay out-of-pocket for Athletic Therapy. At LiquidGym we respect your dollar by providing only one-on-one appointments with your Athletic Therapist. In addition to your on-site treatment, if appropriate, the therapist will provide a self-managed home care treatment program to facilitate your recovery.
Due to a high number of last-minute cancellations and missed appointments, any Athletic Therapy appointments canceled within 24 hours of the scheduled appointment time will be subjected to a $50 cancellation fee per 30 minutes of missed appointment time.
When you cancel your appointment, please inform office staff why you are canceling. This information will be passed along to your therapist.
Appointment reminder emails will be sent out 24 hours in advance.