What is physiotherapy?
Physiotherapy is treatment to restore, maintain, and make the most of a patient’s mobility, function, and well-being. Physiotherapy helps through physical rehabilitation, injury prevention, and health and fitness. A physiotherapist assesses and treats you, while empowering you by giving you the tools you need to be actively involved in your own recovery.
Ottawa’s only physiotherapy clinic with extensive land and water therapy
- we have land and water-based therapy
- our physiotherapists work with you one-on-one for the full appointment
- from your initial assessment we capture data from multiple measurement tools and then customize your Plan of Care.
A sample of Conditions and Injuries Treated by Physiotherapy at Liquidgym
- Please arrive 15 minutes before your appointment time to complete your new client information sheet
- Your first appointment is a land appointment. Shorts and t-shirt/tank top are appropriate.
- Bring your physician’s referral, if you have one (though not required)
- Provide any relevant medical history
- Bring any relevant reports/test results (e.g. x-rays, ultrasound scan, MRI reports)
- Personal and family medical history
- Major illnesses that you have experienced
- Surgeries or operations that you have had
- Medications that you are currently taking
- Your level of activity at work and leisure
- Sleeping habits
- Blood pressure, pulse and breathing
- Muscle strength
- Range of motion
- Posture Analysis
- X-Ray review
- Movement Analysis
Do I need a physician’s referral?
Physiotherapists are primary health care practitioners and therefore offer direct access to physiotherapy services without the need for a physician’s referral. Some extended health insurance plans require a physician’s referral; however, please check your insurance plan if in doubt.
Can you bill directly to my insurance company?
Some extended health insurance companies currently accept direct billing from Physiotherapy clinics. Ask and we can let you know if your insurance company accepts direct billing.
Does LiquidGym accept Motor Vehicle Accident claims?
No. As of September 1, 2021 we no longer accept MVA patients.
Do you direct bill for Veterans Affairs, RCMP, and Canadian Forces?
Yes. If you have Blue Cross coverage through either Veterans Affairs, RCMP, or Canadian Forces, we can bill directly with Blue Cross. To proceed, we require your ID number and the contact information of your case manager, if applicable.
Many patients pay out-of-pocket for physiotherapy. At LiquidGym we respect your dollar by providing only one-on-one appointments with your physiotherapist, we do not double-book clients, nor do we provide your treatment through support personnel. In addition to your on-site treatment, if appropriate, the physiotherapist will provide a self-managed home care treatment program to facilitate your recovery.
No, LiquidGym is not an OHIP designated clinic.
Due to a high number of last minute cancellations and missed appointments, any physiotherapy appointments cancelled within 48 hours of the scheduled appointment time will be subjected to a $50 cancellation fee per 30 minutes of appointment time.
When you cancel your appointment, please inform office staff why you are cancelling. This information will be passed along to your therapist.
Appointment reminder emails will be sent out 48 hours in advance.