What is Virtual Physiotherapy?
Virtual physiotherapy involves using video calls to provide physiotherapy services remotely. You can connect with our experienced physiotherapists for a 1-on-1 session from anywhere in Ontario.
How Does Virtual-Physiotherapy Work?
You simply connect online for a video physiotherapy session in real-time using a computer, tablet or smart-phone.
- You will receive an email 60 minutes before your appointment.
- You will see a “Begin your online appointment” button in the email. Click on the link to enter the virtual waiting room at any time in the hour prior to your appointment.
- Your device may ask you if it can access your microphone and camera. Say yes.
- Your therapist will then connect with you at your scheduled appointment time.
If Virtual Therapy is of interest to you, please call to speak with one of our staff.
- Please ensure you have completed your online assessment form before arriving for your appointment.
- Your first appointment is a land appointment. Shorts and t-shirt/tank top are appropriate.
- Bring your physician’s referral, if you have one (though not required)
- Provide any relevant medical history
- Bring any relevant reports/test results (e.g. x-rays, ultrasound scan, MRI reports)
- Personal and family medical history
- Major illnesses that you have experienced
- Surgeries or operations that you have had
- Medications that you are currently taking
- Your level of activity at work and leisure
- Sleeping habits
- Blood pressure, pulse and breathing
- Muscle strength
- Range of motion
- Posture Analysis
- X-Ray review
- Movement Analysis
Do I need a physician’s referral?
Physiotherapists are primary health care practitioners and therefore offer direct access to physiotherapy services without the need for a physician’s referral. Some extended health insurance plans require a physician’s referral; however, please check your insurance plan if in doubt.
Can you bill directly to my insurance company?
Some extended health insurance companies currently accept direct billing from Physiotherapy clinics. Ask and we can let you know if your insurance company accepts direct billing from LiquidGym.
Does LiquidGym accept Motor Vehicle Accident claims?
No. As of September 1, 2021 we no longer submit nor bill for MVA claims. LiquidGym can, however, treat MVA injuries. You just need to pay our standard therapy rates at the time of your appointment..
Do you direct bill for Veterans Affairs, RCMP, and Canadian Forces?
Yes. If you have Blue Cross coverage through either Veterans Affairs, RCMP, or Canadian Forces, we can bill directly with Blue Cross. To proceed, we require your ID number and the contact information of your case manager, if applicable.
Many patients pay out-of-pocket for physiotherapy. At LiquidGym we respect your dollar by providing only one-on-one appointments with your physiotherapist. We do not double-book clients, nor do we provide your treatment through support personnel. In addition to your on-site treatment, if appropriate, the physiotherapist will provide a self-managed home care treatment program to facilitate your recovery.
No, LiquidGym is not an OHIP designated clinic.
Due to a high number of last-minute cancellations and missed appointments, any physiotherapy appointments canceled within 48 hours of the scheduled appointment time will be subjected to a $50 cancellation fee per 30 minutes of missed appointment time.
When you cancel your appointment, please inform office staff why you are canceling. This information will be passed along to your therapist.
Appointment reminder emails will be sent out 48 hours in advance.