VETERANS AFFAIRS AND KINESIOLOGY
Most Veterans are entitled to 20 Kinesiology sessions per calendar year through Blue Cross. If additional sessions are needed, your therapist can request approval to extend your program with LiquidGym.
These 60 minute sessions can be:
- water based
- or a combination
Your initial assessment
Your kinesiology sessions begin with an assessment focused on functional movement, range of motion, strength and force.
The assessment testing captures digital data that will be used in designing your training program.
This data will:
- help to quickly identify areas of weakness.
- look for areas that could be at a high risk of injury.
- help to design a custom program for those weak spots to improve your mobility, alignment, strength, and/or cardiovascular fitness.
- help you to understand your personal strengths and weaknesses and provide education on how to achieve your goals when not working out with us.
What makes us different? DATA!
During your assessment we capture data from various measurement tools.
Photo: Data Muscle Tester
WHY HYDROTHERAPY MAY BE AN OPTION FOR YOUR REHAB AND TRAINING!
Water immersion allows patients to perform movements they may be unable to perform on land. Exercises can be performed with greater ease and less pain due to the buoyancy created by the water.
The upward force of buoyancy counterbalances the negative downward effects of gravity and greatly decreases the impact forces that your body is subjected to in traditional land therapy sessions.
When standing chest deep in water your body weight is reduced by 80%. Therefore, an individual weighing 200lbs on land only weighs 40lbs in the water and the ability to safely perform exercise therapy is greatly enhanced.
Specialized Land and Water TRaining Equipment at LiquidGym
Call LiquidGym and ask to speak with Christy, our VAC specialist and get started on your rehab program today at LiquidGym
- Please ensure you have completed your online assessment form before arriving for your appointment.
- Your first appointment is a land appointment. Shorts and t-shirt/tank top are appropriate.
- Bring your physician’s referral, if you have one (though not required)
- Provide any relevant medical history
- Bring any relevant reports/test results (e.g. x-rays, ultrasound scan, MRI reports)
- Personal and family medical history
- Major illnesses that you have experienced
- Surgeries or operations that you have had
- Medications that you are currently taking
- Your level of activity at work and leisure
- Sleeping habits
- Blood pressure, pulse and breathing
- Muscle strength
- Range of motion
- Posture Analysis
- X-Ray review
- Movement Analysis
Is Kinesiology covered under insurance?
Some extended health insurance plans cover Kinesiology as a benefit. Please check your insurance plan if in doubt.
Can you bill directly to my insurance company?
No. We cannot bill insurance companies directly for kinesiology services.
Does LiquidGym accept Motor Vehicle Accident claims?
No. As of September 1, 2021 we no longer submit nor bill for MVA claims. LiquidGym can, however, treat MVA injuries. You just need to pay our standard therapy rates at the time of your appointment.
Do you direct bill for Veterans Affairs, RCMP, and Canadian Forces?
Yes. If you have Blue Cross coverage through either Veterans Affairs, RCMP, or Canadian Forces, we can bill directly with Blue Cross. To proceed, we require your ID number and the contact information of your case manager, if applicable.
Many patients pay out-of-pocket for kinesiology. At LiquidGym we respect your dollar by providing only one-on-one appointments with your kinesiologist. In addition to your on-site treatment, if appropriate, the therapist will provide a self-managed home care treatment program to facilitate your recovery.
Due to a high number of last-minute cancellations and missed appointments, any kinesiology appointments canceled within 48 hours of the scheduled appointment time will be subjected to a $50 cancellation fee per 30 minutes of missed appointment time.
When you cancel your appointment, please inform office staff why you are canceling. This information will be passed along to your therapist.
Appointment reminder emails will be sent out 48 hours in advance.