An injury sustained during athletic competition can be defined as a number of possibilities.
Some common examples include:
- Ligamentous Sprains
- Muscular Strains
- Muscular Tears
- Bone Bruises
You have a sports injury what do you do?
After sustaining an injury, it is important is to seek the most appropriate help for your injury.
The quicker you can start with rehab, the better chances you have at a faster recovery and returning to your activity.
If you are going in for orthopedic surgery, a prehab program may help with your recovery and post-surgical outcomes.
It is never too early to start Pre-op therapy (also known as Prehab).
Post-op therapy (also known as Rehab) when done through hydrotherapy, can begin, generally speaking, once the incision has healed, which can be between 15 – 30 days depending on the surgery. Ask your doctor when he would like you to start your rehab.
It is also important to note that the above injuries can also be sustained outside of athletic competition. The care you receive however, will not change.
HYDROTHERAPY AS A TREATMENT OPTION
Rehabilitation of these type of orthopedic injuries in the water allows for:
- Improved swelling and pain control through immersion
- Resistance against all directions of movement simultaneously, allowing for improved muscle activation around the injured area
- Decreased weight bearing allowing greater freedom of movement during early phases of recovery
- Improved joint control, spatial awareness, and balance by providing greater pressure feedback around the injured area
- A safe, controlled environment to engage in rehabilitation exercises and treatment with confidence
When standing chest deep in water your body weight is reduced by 80%. Therefore, an individual weighing 200lbs on land only weighs 40lbs in the water and the ability to safely perform exercise therapy is greatly enhanced.
Specialized Land Equipment
The following specialized equipment may help aid in your recovery:
- Game Ready Ice Compression Unit
- Normatec Recovery System
- Alter-G Anti Gravity Treadmill
- Leg Power Press
- Interactive Gaming System
- Alinker Walking Bike
- SMARC Sit to Stand Training system
- Plyometric Training
- TRX System
- plus more…
FOR AN ASSESSMENT AND DETAILED PLAN OF CARE
CALL LIQUIDGYM 613-820-8228
TO HAVE AN APPOINTMENT WITH
ONE OF OUR THERAPISTS!
- Please ensure you have completed your online assessment form before arriving for your appointment.
- Your first appointment is a land appointment. Shorts and t-shirt/tank top are appropriate.
- Bring your physician’s referral, if you have one (though not required)
- Provide any relevant medical history
- Bring any relevant reports/test results (e.g. x-rays, ultrasound scan, MRI reports)
- Personal and family medical history
- Major illnesses that you have experienced
- Surgeries or operations that you have had
- Medications that you are currently taking
- Your level of activity at work and leisure
- Sleeping habits
- Blood pressure, pulse and breathing
- Muscle strength
- Range of motion
- Posture Analysis
- X-Ray review
- Movement Analysis
Is Kinesiology covered under insurance?
Some extended health insurance plans cover Kinesiology as a benefit. Please check your insurance plan if in doubt.
Can you bill directly to my insurance company?
No. We cannot bill insurance companies directly for kinesiology services.
Does LiquidGym accept Motor Vehicle Accident claims?
No. As of September 1, 2021 we no longer submit nor bill for MVA claims. LiquidGym can, however, treat MVA injuries. You just need to pay our standard therapy rates at the time of your appointment.
Do you direct bill for Veterans Affairs, RCMP, and Canadian Forces?
Yes. If you have Blue Cross coverage through either Veterans Affairs, RCMP, or Canadian Forces, we can bill directly with Blue Cross. To proceed, we require your ID number and the contact information of your case manager, if applicable.
Many patients pay out-of-pocket for kinesiology. At LiquidGym we respect your dollar by providing only one-on-one appointments with your kinesiologist. In addition to your on-site treatment, if appropriate, the therapist will provide a self-managed home care treatment program to facilitate your recovery.
Due to a high number of last-minute cancellations and missed appointments, any kinesiology appointments canceled within 48 hours of the scheduled appointment time will be subjected to a $50 cancellation fee per 30 minutes of missed appointment time.
When you cancel your appointment, please inform office staff why you are canceling. This information will be passed along to your therapist.
Appointment reminder emails will be sent out 48 hours in advance.