Sprains, Strains, and Fractures
For many, ligament sprains, muscle strains, or bone fractures can have a significant impact on our ability to pursue sports, exercise programs, and day to day activities.
Proper rehabilitation of these types of orthopedic injuries is critical in preventing re-injury, and in getting you back to pain free movement.
Hydrotherapy alongside land-based training is an invaluable tool in assisting with recovery from strains, sprains, and fractures, no matter your activity level.
HYDROTHERAPY AS A TREATMENT OPTION
Rehabilitation of these type of orthopedic injuries in the water allows for:
- Improved swelling and pain control through immersion
- Resistance against all directions of movement simultaneously, allowing for improved muscle activation around the injured area
- Decreased weight bearing allowing greater freedom of movement during early phases of recovery
- Improved joint control, spatial awareness, and balance by providing greater pressure feedback around the injured area
- A safe, controlled environment to engage in rehabilitation exercises and treatment with confidence
We have much more than water...
Combined with a land-based protocol in our extensive gym and therapy areas, and alongside targeted hands-on manual therapy provided by our staff, this tailored approach will allow for an expedient recovery and get you back to doing what you love.
FOR AN ASSESSMENT AND DETAILED PLAN OF CARE
CALL LIQUIDGYM 613-820-8228
TO HAVE AN APPOINTMENT WITH
ONE OF OUR THERAPISTS!
- Please ensure you have completed your online assessment form before arriving for your appointment.
- Your first appointment is a land appointment. Shorts and t-shirt/tank top are appropriate.
- Bring your physician’s referral, if you have one (though not required)
- Provide any relevant medical history
- Bring any relevant reports/test results (e.g. x-rays, ultrasound scan, MRI reports)
- Personal and family medical history
- Major illnesses that you have experienced
- Surgeries or operations that you have had
- Medications that you are currently taking
- Your level of activity at work and leisure
- Sleeping habits
- Blood pressure, pulse and breathing
- Muscle strength
- Range of motion
- Posture Analysis
- X-Ray review
- Movement Analysis
Is Athletic Therapy covered under insurance?
Some extended health insurance plans cover Athletic Therapy as a benefit. Please check your insurance plan if in doubt.
Can you bill directly to my insurance company?
No. We cannot bill insurance companies directly for Athletic Therapy services.
Does LiquidGym accept Motor Vehicle Accident claims?
No. As of September 1, 2021 we no longer submit nor bill for MVA claims. LiquidGym can, however, treat MVA injuries. You just need to pay our standard therapy rates at the time of your appointment.
Do you direct bill for Veterans Affairs, RCMP, and Canadian Forces?
Yes. If you have Blue Cross coverage through either Veterans Affairs, RCMP, or Canadian Forces, we can bill directly with Blue Cross. To proceed, we require your ID number and the contact information of your case manager, if applicable.
Many patients pay out-of-pocket for Athletic Therapy. At LiquidGym we respect your dollar by providing only one-on-one appointments with your Athletic Therapist. In addition to your on-site treatment, if appropriate, the therapist will provide a self-managed home care treatment program to facilitate your recovery.
Due to a high number of last-minute cancellations and missed appointments, any Athletic Therapy appointments canceled within 48 hours of the scheduled appointment time will be subjected to a $50 cancellation fee per 30 minutes of missed appointment time.
When you cancel your appointment, please inform office staff why you are canceling. This information will be passed along to your therapist.
Appointment reminder emails will be sent out 48 hours in advance.