Brendan started his career as a physiotherapist after completing his Bachelors of Science (Physical Therapy) at the University of Western Ontario. After spending a few years working in hospital, private clinic and university sports therapy environments, he moved overseas to expand his training and work experiences. He completed his Masters of Manipulative Physiotherapy at the University of Otago, and spent several years practicing in New Zealand, Australia and the United Kingdom prior to returning to Canada.
Since settling in Ottawa he has worked in long term care, sports therapy and private practice settings. Brendan strives to use his diverse education and training to ensure all aspects of a patient’s presentation are accounted for to produce a comprehensive approach. He achieves this through use of different manual therapies (including mobilizations, soft tissue release, and manipulation), both traditional and non-traditional (dry needling/IMS) acupuncture, patient education and optimized exercise plans.
His post-graduate education and certification has included:
- Fellow of the Canadian Academy of Manipulative Physiotherapy (FCAMPT)
- McKenzie Part A, B, and C
- Mulligan NAGS, SNAGS & MWM
- Acupuncture Foundation of Canada Institute Certificate (CAFCI)
- Muscle Energy Techniques & Soft Tissue Release
- Kinetic Control Stability Training
- Sports Physiotherapy Canada Certificate holder (SPC Cert)
- Certified Gunn IMS Practitioner (CGIMS)
He divides his time at LiquidGym between seeing private patients and working for The Ottawa Hospital’s Rapid Access Clinic – Low Back Pain (RAC LBP) program as an Advanced Practice Provider. Outside of the clinic he continues to provide sideline therapy services to the Ottawa Beavers Banshees Rugby Club, and competitive soccer via Ontario Player Development League (OPDL).